Shiroor: Man electrocuted in front of house

05:03PM Sun 19 May, 2024

Shiroor, May 19: A man died after accidentally touching a fallen electrical wire in front of his house in Hadavinakone, Shiroor village.

The deceased, identified as Kurudi Irshad (52) of Mudrumakki, came into contact with the live wire on the Hadavinakone-Mudrumakki route. The wire had snapped due to high-velocity winds and rain that lashed the area on Saturday night. Irshad stepped on the wire while coming out of his house to dispose of a dead rat, resulting in his electrocution.

Mescom cut off the power supply immediately after being informed of the incident. Irshad's body was taken to the hospital for a post-mortem examination. He is survived by his wife and four children.

Byndoor assistant engineer of Mescom, Yashawant, and his team visited the site to gather information. Zilla Panchayat former president S. Raju Poojary, Shiroor leader Mohammed, and others were also present.

A case has been registered at the Byndoor police station.

(Source: Daijiworld)